Saturday, February 25, 2012

"By yourself" time can be good for you

The house is quiet; only the noise from the fireplace breaks the eerie silence. The lights are out, and I am thinking about my wife and kids and grand-kids.  It is times like this when I wish we lived closer to one another.

I find myself tempted to pray that God will remove the obstacles my kids face in their lives, but then I realize that God doesn't take away all problems and stress.  He uses adversities to grow us to become the market place witnesses He wants us to be. I am proud of all six kids and all eight grand-kids and really love a wife who is the glue that keeps us all together.

"By myself" time is a reminder of not only who my family is but more importantly, who God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.