Wednesday, January 23, 2019

We Have Seven Children

For the first time in my life I have become addicted to movies. Hallmark movies. Hard to admit this, but it is true.
As Mary and I watched a Hallmark movie the other evening, I realized for the first time that we have a seventh child. That child is about 41 years old.
For the past couple of years, I have explained to others that we have six children - three by birth and three by choice, three men and three women. Each of them is unique and beautiful and we love each of them unconditionally.
But, we have a seventh child.
We don't know if our seventh child is a man or a woman, but I think a woman – about 41 years old. We do know that she has our DNA, and she looks like us, and she is a member of our family.
We never saw our seventh child because she went to be with Jesus a month or so after conception. She was in heaven to welcome our parents several years ago. She welcomed her Aunt Margaret; and earlier, she welcomed her Uncle Keith.
And one day, she will welcome Mary and me and her six brothers and sisters and we all will have a good family reunion. She will say to us, “Let me show you around and introduce you to some people you need to meet.”
There is nothing in this world more valuable than a human life. The Bible tells us God made us in his image and likeness. This means that, regardless of race, gender, age, place of birth or socioeconomic status, every human life has intrinsic, unalienable value. From the womb, all the way to the tomb, life is precious. --Ronnie Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.