Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grace: Representing God's Heart, June 14, 2009

Wow! Although we were small in number, we had a great lesson. God is still in the grace-giving business. I don't know about you, but I sometimes forget this. The first Bible reference in the lesson (1 Peter 5:10-12) reminded me that "God of all grace will personally restore, establish, strengthen and support me." And all I have to do is accept His grace. The end of this passage says, "embrace the grace of God with both arms."No matter how smooth or rough the path, God's grace is with us.

The other points in today's lesson include
  • God expects me to reflect His grace in my actions and attitudes toward others.
  • Grace is a gift of kindness to someone who does not deserve it. Only the Holy Spirit can enable me to show grace to someone who does not deserve it.
  • Grace is a one-way street.
  • Grace costs the giver something.
  • Grace leads to action.
We'll continue the discussion next Sunday when we discuss Bringing Life to Relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.