Friday, September 18, 2009

God's will

September 18 by Sandra Stephens
After teaching second grade SS for seven years I found myself feeling that it was time to step down. "How could I do that?", I asked myself. With the exception of an occasional illness and a week end trip every now and then, I had been in the classroom with "my kids" every week and loved every moment of it. The Lord made it very clear to me when He told me to begin teaching, and I prayed that He would make it just as clear if He really did want me to step down.




After much prayer, and being confirmed, I did indeed step down and had to decide which adult class I wanted to attend. After visiting one class (which I totally enjoyed!) I went to Crosswalk. I already had ties there - my husband attended that class before he started teaching again, and I also have lots of wonderful Christian friends in Crosswalk.

I am here to tell you now, this was a good choice. I have learned so much in the 9 months I've been in this class. It's like, when you're hungry, but you don't realize how hungry you are until you smell the wonderful food that's being prepared. I NEEDED to be fed spiritually and each week, I walk away with something. Some weeks it's affirmation, some weeks it's total conviction!



I thank God for the great leadership we have in this class, as well as the awesome members and visitors. God places us where he wants us for a specific reason and I'm grateful that He placed me with this class. I look forward to each week because I know something incredible is gonna take place!



Let's all pray each day that we can be the godly creatures that He would have us to be. Put self aside and minister to someone every day, even if it's just a friendly smile. Enjoy your gift.


in Him,
Sandra Stephens






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.