Thursday, December 10, 2009

Love one Another

posted by David Ashcraft, December 9, 2009

1 John 4:7. Beloved, let us love one another for love is of God.

I’ve been on the road quite a bit the past several weeks, and the other day as I returned from New Bern, I reflected on this verse. Love one another. John doesn’t say, “Please.” He doesn’t say the other person has to be nice. John simply says, “Love one another.”

I don’t say the words, “I love you” often enough. Not to Mary or our children. Not to friends or to members of Crosswalk. So, without any apology, I say to Crosswalk friends, “I love you.” You are important in my life, and I am thankful that I know you. Your willingness to grow spiritually; your friendly smiles; your willingness to tolerate my sometimes poor lessons are character traits that endure you to me. You cheer me when I am discouraged, and you bring me back down to earth when I fly too high. We are laborers together, and that is kinda neat.

During this Christmas season, reflect on the good things in life. Find something good that God is doing and join in. Show God’s love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.