Friday, January 1, 2010

Believing in the Light

Here it is 4:37 a.m. on New Year's Day. I actually went to bed around 11, but was awakened by firecrackers and car horns at midnight. I have not been able to fall back asleep since.

I think I am having trouble sleeping because I am worried about so many people right now. My prayer list has gotten so long that I confess I sometimes fall asleep at night before coming to the end of my prayers. I've taken to praying throughout the day and dividing my list up so I don't forget any body.

There is so much illness and earthly sadness right now in the lives of some of my friends and family members that it breaks my heart. There is also a lot of good to be thankful for. I would say that they sort of balance each other out, but then I'm not the one whose life is on the line, or whose child is in ICU, or who is grieving a loss. All I know is that I have to believe God has a plan, and that whatever happens, it will part of some bigger plan of His that I cannot see.

That is what faith is. It is what gives us hope and allows us to keep on fighting and trying to stay in the light of God. I pray that each of you all in Crosswalk will begin this new year in the light.

Marthann

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.