Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love

posted by David Ashcraft
February 13
I was listening to a Focus on the Family broadcast earlier this week, and the subject was love letters. The guest encouraged the audience to "write a letter to your spouse" telling him/her why you love them. I thought about the challenge for a couple of hours as I drove from Atlanta to Raleigh.

I love Mary because God's word says in Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands love your wives."I made a commitment to love her on January 2, 1971, and that commitment remain strong. If additional reasons are needed to encourage that love, they are stronger than ever:
  • Mary is a living example of the love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13 . She is forgiving. She is patient. She cares for others.
  • Mary is a good mother and grandmother. She enjoys children. She is kind to animals. She manages the house well, and

  • She still likes to play.
Love at 64 is a little stronger and deeper than it was at 21. In younger days, I would have written more about liking and physical attraction than love. Now all three are in one little package that still excites and challenges and makes me say wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.