Sunday, May 30, 2010

On Christian Suffering

We were discussing John Piper's lesson in our Crosswalk Sunday School class this morning. Well, I think I can illustrate a point I have just learned while working in my yard, trimming bushes.

A white-face hornet did not like me working around in the place where he has his home, so he dive bombed me and flew down into the cuff of my garden glove, quick as a flash and stung me on my wrist, 1/4 in. from my radial artery!

Needless to say: "It H-U-R-T"! Not as much as somebody who is suffering in the extreme sense of the word, with a chronic, debilitating illness or anything, but it does hurt, just the same.

The point of my story is that I got hurt because "I was around in the place where he has his home"--I was "trespassing", so to speak.

I must now thank God for providing me such an apt lesson today. The lesson to me: "There are consequences for every action we take" but God will give me His grace if I recognize my mistakes and promise to try not to repeat them again.

Marthann

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.