Saturday, May 8, 2010

We Can't Live Without Friends

May 8, 2010

It's a beautiful day outside. The birds were singing early and a nice breeze was blowing.

I was thinking about several church friends that I haven't seen in a while as I was reading through several daily devotionals and read the May 8 email from rick Warren. He made the statement, "Many people assume all that is needed for spiritual growth is Bible study and prayer. But some issues in life will never be changed by Bible study or prayer alone. God uses people. He wants us to grow together." I know rick is right in my case. I need the fellowship with fellow Christians -their encouragement when I fail and their love when I am down. John says in his leter, we know that we are Christians because we love one another.

So on Sunday, go to church. Participate in Bible Study. Not only for yourself but because others depend on you for their growth. And God wants us to worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.