Saturday, April 25, 2020

Four Lessons in 45 Days


"Stay-at-home." The words even sound harsh. 

For the past 45 days, those of us who live in North Carolina have been inside. Conversations with friends are filled with, "Could you ever have imagined a time like this?" "I can't understand the homework assignment for my middle school son." "I hope I don't run out of toilet paper." 

For an introvert who pretends to be an extrovert, these days at home have been useful with increased time to think and read and pray and complete projects that have been on my To-Do list too many months.

What have I learned during these 45 days?

  1. God is sovereign, wise, Holy, and He loves me. I have always believed this, but now God is more real than ever. 
  2. His purpose, the "why?"  for my life has not changed: Love God with my total being - totally submissive to His purpose for my life; Love my neighbor - serve others selflessly; Make disciples as I go - live intentionally.
  3. God has disrupted the world - stopped us in our tracks; He has given us a clean slate. The old normal for the most part is gone - never to return. I must become more flexible as I create a simple new normal for my life, centered on three character traits - submissive, selfless, and intentional. 
  4. Church is much more than Sunday morning. Church is living in the community, (virtually for the time being,) Monday thru Sunday. Church is looking for hurting, needy people and getting as messy as required to show them that Jesus really is the better way. Church is being the hands and feet of Jesus every day, all day. 
















45 Days ane Counting

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.