Friday, May 1, 2020

Focus on the Future

Paul has good advice for all of us - focus on the future, and don't let the past keep you from your mission. 

Yet, my brothers, I do not consider myself to have “arrived”, spiritually, nor do I consider myself already perfect. But I keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped me. My brothers, I do not consider myself to have fully grasped it even now. But I do concentrate on this: I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal—my reward, the honor of being called by God in Christ.
Philippians 3:12-14

Too often we worry about the things we should not have done in the past or about our failure to take action when we know we should have. Our guilt about past actions or inactions keeps us from seeing God's plan for our lives going forward. Today and tomorrow are ahead of us. Let's follow Paul's advice: leave the past behind and go for our calling in Christ. "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do the work He planned for us long ago." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.