Thursday, October 11, 2012

Awaken NC  Day 8     Do Your Really Care?
adapted from Chris Scofield

I am embarrassed to confess that I have a friend who is dying, and I do not know if he is a believer or not.  My failure to ask a simple question is a terrible indictment on my commitment to be a faithful witness.  Sure, I said.  "I'll take up the cross and follow you."  But I did not, and sad to say but there are many like me.  

Do we really care?  Do we really mean the Lord's Prayer Matthew 6:9-10 when we repeat it?  Or is it no more than a rhyme we learned as a child?

I've asked God to forgive my indifference.  And to give me courage and insight to never again have a friend die without me knowing he/she is a believer and without having shared the hope that I have through Jesus' resurrection.

Prayer Points:

  • Pray that Christians will recognize the need for spiritual awakening.
  • Pray that God's will really will be done on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.