Monday, October 8, 2012

Living without Fear 

Several weeks ago, I returned from a mission trip to India.  I had the opportunity to spend a few days with people totally different from me - Hindu's, Moslems and Buddhists.  In one of the villages, the people had never seen white people before.  


Did I realize that there might be danger around me?  Sure!  Was I afraid?  No!!  I knew that I was where God wanted me to be at that time in my life.

1 Peter 3:13-22 provides us guidelines for living without fear - no matte the circumstances:  

  • "Count your blessings.  name them one by one."
    No matter what is going on around us - evening if we are suffering, we are still blessed by God beyond measure.
  • Defend our hope.
    We must always be ready to witness to others - give reason for the hope that we have, when people ask how we submit to unjust suffering.
  • Show respect and be gentle.
    My witnessing to others must always be done with gentleness and respect.  Nagging, intimidating and bullying do not win over anyone.
  • Claim the victory that Jesus has provided.
    Jesus' resurrection defeated Satan, and because God resurrected Jesus, we too can count on resurrection and eternal life if we accept Jesus as our savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.