Sunday, October 28, 2012

Most Popular Songs in Church

(copied from Tom Ranier)
I am always fascinated to learn what is taking places in churches across America. As I was yet in another church this past weekend and listening to the music as we worshiped together, I became curious. What do churches typically sing during their worship services? I began to do a bit of research and found the CCLI list by month. Since CCLI is the largest licensor of church music, I would say that their list is very representative.
Here are the top 25 songs for the most recently reported month:
  1. How Great Is Our God
  2. Mighty to Save
  3. Our God
  4. Blessed Be Your Name
  5. Here I am To Worship
  6. Revelation Song
  7. Everlasting God
  8. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
  9. Jesus Messiah
  10. In Christ Alone
  11. Your Grace Is Enough
  12. Forever
  13. Open the Eyes of My Heart
  14. Forever Reign
  15. How He Loves
  16. You Are My King (Amazing Love)
  17. Holy Is the Lord
  18. From the Inside Out
  19. Hosanna (Praise Is Rising)
  20. Shout to the Lord
  21. Come Now Is the Time to Worship
  22. The Stand
  23. Hosanna
  24. Lord I Lift Your Name on High
  25. Glory to God Forever
Are there any surprises on this list? What do you think of the current popular worship songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.