Friday, February 9, 2018

Szekelyhid Prayer Prompt 19


Ask God to teach us to pray toward His purposes and His kingdom.

Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, your name be honored as holy. (Matthew 6:9)

Most Christians say that they pray. But, do we pray for God's purposes and His kingdom or are most of our prays for our purposes. I think that most of our prayers are "God, give me this."  "Make my life easier."  "Make me feel better."  "Get me out of this mess that I have made."

If the model prayer is our guide, then we should be praying "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." 

Let us follow the template of the model pray and mean it from our hearts.

In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.


Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.


And forgive us our debts, 
As we forgive our debtors.

And do not lead us into temptation, 
But deliver us from the evil one.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.