Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Truths for Living

David Ashcraft
March 31, 2010

Have you ever taken time to write down some of the things you believe? I ave compiled a list of Truths for Living;" the list is not exhaustive but the result of quiet time yesterday.
  1. God is holy and sovereign. He is jealous, and He wants my praise and worship.
  2. Jesus is God as is the Holy Spirit.
  3. God wants to reconcile me to Him, and He wants to reconcile everyone to Him.
  4. God neither has favorites.
  5. The Bible is the Word of God and is the primary way He speaks to me.
  6. God had a plan for my life before I was born.
  7. God loves me unconditionally.
  8. I should not compartmentalize my life.
  9. I must sacrifice my plan for my life in favor of God's plan for my life.
  10. God has given me at least one spiritual gift.
  11. I have abilities and strengths.
  12. My gifts can be expressed through different callings.
  13. God has called me to carry out His specific plan. My calling, spiritual gifts and abilities and strengths complement one another.
  14. The mission of the church is to go.
  15. Spiritual gifts enable members of the church to go - participate ion God's plan to reconcile a lost world to Him.
  16. Satan and his agents are real.
  17. The spiritual world we don't see is larger than the physical world we do see.
  18. I don't go to church to be entertained; I go to worship.
  19. Worship is a verb, requiring action.
  20. I am unique in all of God's creation.
  21. I should exhibit more of the Fruit of the Spirit as I mature as a Christian.
  22. The Sermon on the Mount provides a good philosophy for living.
  23. I serve God where I am. What I will be doing tomorrow is unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.